__________________________________________________________

About

Portfolio

My Home

Work With Me

Tours

Interviews

Creative Spaces

Style

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Looking for a rug


The living area was one of the rooms in the house I never felt right about. I think it was the matchy-matchy furniture, the sin I committed of undercushioning (although I should probably add more cushions if I want to get that right) and the lack of colour.

These days I've added colour through cushions and artwork, mixed up the side table and coffee table / ottoman, that I wrote about over at lustable, so that they aren't matching, just little changes. The current rug has held up surprisingly well considering the food and eyeshadow that's been smooshed into it by a certain little person.

I'm looking for a new rug though, something not as warm as the current one for spring/summer. Do you do this? Swap rugs depending on the season? I don't usually but it does get really warm in my house and a lighter rug just seems to make sense.

Have you seen any great rugs out there? Do you think I should choose a sisal rug like I have in the other rooms i.e. the study or add more colour with a patterned rug? I still like this Akira rug by Designer Rugs but it might mean eating baked beans for a while to have it (should I?).


CREATIVE SPACES

DECORATING

DESIGN

INTERVIEWS

STYLE

TOURS

WRITE TO
PO BOX 42220
LUGARNO NSW
AUSTRALIA 2210

viv@ishandchi.com


VIA EMAIL