__________________________________________________________

About

Portfolio

My Home

Work With Me

Tours

Interviews

Creative Spaces

Style

Friday, August 6, 2010

Fashion Friday: My perfectly imperfect chair




It is Friday. My favourite day of the week. As I write this Robert is tucked into bed and I am planning on spending the evening catching up on my favourite blogs and magazines. I would really like this weekend to be a lazy one spent soaking up every minute I can with my little boy. He's growing up so fast.



This blouse is from ModCloth. It is pretty versatile and I can wear it over tops and dresses. And do you remember that chair from here and here? I have finished it, but only the one. I find milk paint takes some time to mix up and apply and then you have to wait 12 hours in between coats and buff with bees wax after the final coat. I hope I finish the other five chairs this year!





What do you think? I used the same Florence Broadhurst fabric as this lamp shade to cover the seat. Not sure if you can tell from the photo above but milk paint gives a chalky, rustic appearance to furniture. The application isn't perfect and that is probably what I love most about it. My perfectly imperfect chair.

Have a beautiful weekend. Enjoy!


CREATIVE SPACES

DECORATING

DESIGN

INTERVIEWS

STYLE

TOURS

WRITE TO
PO BOX 42220
LUGARNO NSW
AUSTRALIA 2210

viv@ishandchi.com


VIA EMAIL