__________________________________________________________

About

Portfolio

My Home

Work With Me

Tours

Interviews

Creative Spaces

Style

Monday, February 1, 2010

Before & After: Painting it white

Hello! I hope you had a fun weekend. I spent most of Sunday painting, painting and then painting some more. The outdoor setting needed a coat of white paint because it was starting to get rust spots. I also painted both lamps for Robert in a lighter blue colour (same colour as the front door) because I thought the other blue was a little too... blue..

...and I painted a couple of chairs I found last year.

Inspired by the image on the left, I painted the wood white and I was going to recover the seats and back in a similar blue fabric but I left them as is because they are in good condition with no tears.
Do you know what I like best about these? The screw caps at the back. I didn't paint over them and I'm glad I didn't. I think they look a little like buttons.

These chairs are not the most comfortable of course but I'm not in the studio for long stretches at a time and the previous chair is now in the study. It is nice to have the extra seat for when my husband or others join me down there as I work. Best of all these cost me $0 because I already had the paint.

How was your weekend. What did you get up to?

(Third image Real Living and the others by me)


CREATIVE SPACES

DECORATING

DESIGN

INTERVIEWS

STYLE

TOURS

WRITE TO
PO BOX 42220
LUGARNO NSW
AUSTRALIA 2210

viv@ishandchi.com


VIA EMAIL