__________________________________________________________

About

Portfolio

My Home

Work With Me

Tours

Interviews

Creative Spaces

Style

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lady in red

Well, it's done. Let us remember and mourn the loss of the orange vinyl with one minutes silence...


And now let's celebrate its new look. Did someone say conga train? I'm in!

I probably should have pulled the fabric down a little on the left side of the back of the chair to make it symmetrical.

I was proud of myself for creating a nice neat fold and straight staple line on the back of the chair. Sewing it would have looked much nicer but I'm not very good with a sewing machine.

It's not hard to do but it is fiddly. I considered covering over the vinyl but it was torn and damaged at the back so I removed it all. Lucky the foam was in good condition underneath. Thank you to all for your advice on how to go about it.


I've yet to finish the second chair. There is only so much time I can buy while my son entertains himself with a wooden spoon.

PS: Not including the cost of my brand new staple gun, this project cost me $9 for 1 metre of fabric.


CREATIVE SPACES

DECORATING

DESIGN

INTERVIEWS

STYLE

TOURS

WRITE TO
PO BOX 42220
LUGARNO NSW
AUSTRALIA 2210

viv@ishandchi.com


VIA EMAIL